Sunday, March 17, 2013

Reflection

I'm gearing up for another educational trip to another part of the world, and I've been reflecting on my trip to Juba. Wow. Though its only been a couple of years, I feel as though I've grown so much. Looking back on my time at the University of Juba, a mix of nostalgia, pride, and humility overtakes me. I realize now how much I didn't know, and how much I didn't know that I didn't know. At the same time, if I were to try to teach anatomy, biochemistry, and anatomy to the equivalent of first year med students now I think I would have to do a little more review the night before...

Speaking of which, I'm preparing for a trip to western Kenya to help teach various topics to medical students. Yes, I will no doubt have to review the basic sciences to a greater extent, but I think now I can enrich these topics with interesting clinical information from my extra 2.5 years of experience. While I'm there I'm hoping to get some clinical experience as well as continue to work on a project born out of the SSMEC. I'd also love to do some traveling in the area. Maybe I'll keep going with this blog when I have thoughts to share. It is certainly fun to see in retrospect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment